|Location||Blackpool, London & Manchester|
|Salary||£110,000 — £120,000|
|Closing date||15 September 2021|
The Head of Infrastructure Services will play a critical role in designing, influencing, enabling and delivering the Department’s transformation required in the short, medium and long term. They will do this in partnership with senior colleagues within DWP and other Government Departments.
They will lead the Infrastructure Services function of circa 150 people which is focussed on providing portfolio of ICT Infrastructure services to support the transformation of DWP applications underpinning the delivery of the Department’s services to 22 million customers and 85,000 employees.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Provides strategic leadership and management for Infrastructure Services
• Provides leadership and management for the Infrastructure engineers professional community, as Head of Role for Infrastructure engineers
• Provides thought leadership and sets vision and direction for Infrastructure Services and the Infrastructure engineers professional community
• Identifies underlying infrastructure service requirements to support business platform capability
• Drives the move to a digitally led culture within the function
• Supports the Operations & Assurance Team in complex problem management
• Acts as the centre of excellence for the Infrastructure engineering, actively engaging with the community, continuously improve their skills, processes and capability
• Creates and maintains portfolio of ICT products/services across Infrastructure Services
• Ensures all portfolio of services are available for the wider DWP business to consume, with service descriptions, OLA’s, with appropriate contracts in place with 3rd party providers as required
• Responsible for the P&L for the portfolio of services across Infrastructure Services
• Works collaboratively with other functions and teams to deploy and operate our services and system
• Develops internal capability and ensure professionalism is continually developed and aligned to DWP strategy, Government standards, industry best practice, standards and policies
• Services are continually improved leveraging technological advances, innovation and best practice and are benchmarked against world class provision and comprehensive strategies and roadmaps are published
• Collaboration across DWP (and other Government departments as appropriate) and Technology is promoted.
• Responsible and accountable for technical design and engineering across Infrastructure Services