Digital careers with challenge, opportunity and impact
You’ll find lots of opportunities to develop your career here, whether you’re interested in digital and technology jobs in engineering, DevOps, agile delivery, data, product design, UX design, or starting your tech career with one of our digital apprenticeships.
Our teams are based in seven digital hubs around the country, and lots of us work flexibly or remotely when we need to.
Build and transform some of the UK’s biggest digital services
We need innovative, curious, and determined people to keep us moving forward. If you can rethink old approaches, and transform systems and services, there’s a place here for you.
Working with us, you’ll be empowered to make decisions, solve big, complex problems, and make a difference to millions of people.
You’ll get to put your skills to the test, using technology and innovation to tackle some of the most complex and important problems you’ll ever face.
A diverse digital workplace where everyone matters
Our diversity is a strength, and we want to be as reflective of the 22 million people we serve as possible.
For us to succeed, we need our people to be at their best and feel comfortable being themselves at work. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the more we can innovate, collaborate and build better services for our users.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from a range of networks and support groups which benefit and improve the whole workplace, including:
- Our Women in Digital group, which helps women achieve their ambitions in DWP Digital
- The Race Action Group, which helps us address issues around race
- DWP Pride, the department-wide LGBT+ network
- Diversity and Inclusion Group, which advances and champions equality, diversity and inclusion
“We fundamentally believe that we will best meet our users’ needs, if our teams’ diversity represents the people we serve.”
Simon McKinnon, Chief Digital and Information Officer.
We know that key identities are underrepresented in some areas of DWP Digital. That’s why we want to attract new talent and ensure our existing colleagues can always be at their best — and have equal access to opportunities.
If you’re looking for a digital or technology job with lots of opportunity and real social impact, you’ll find a stimulating and fulfilling career with us.
Award-winning digital services
Our Intelligent Automation Garage was named as Tech Team of the Year in the National Technology Awards, where we’ve also won the Best Public Sector Project award two years running.
We were awarded Best Automation Project at the Computing Digital Technology Leaders Awards 2019 and our Find a Job service was named in the Digital Leaders 100 list.
DWP has also been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019. Our Digital Voices programme, which helps women build confidence and skills, won both the 2019 Civil Service Diversity & Inclusion Award and Diversity Initiative of the Year 2020.
Our offer to you
A competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance and a great pension with employer contributions of around 27%.
We also have a broad benefits package built around work-life balance, including family-friendly policies, flexible working, discounts and savings, sports and social activities, learning and development opportunities and career progression.
In return for your skills and expertise, DWP Digital can offer you:
- Flexible working, including a hybrid model of working
- Opportunity to work from home up to 60% of the time
- Up to 30 days’ annual holiday, depending on grade and length of service
- Public holidays
- 5 days a year for training and professional development
- A generous Civil Service pension, with up to 27% employer contribution
- Parent and carer leave
- A comprehensive wellbeing offer, which includes support for mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 online health and wellness portal and coach
- And there are lots more benefits you can take advantage of:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee benefits and discounts portal
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Workplace adjustments for health conditions and disabilities
- Access to diversity and inclusion networks such as Women in Digital, LGBT+ and our Race Network
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free and confidential service providing information and counselling to help with a range of work, family and personal issues