|Number of vacancies||1|
|Work hours||37 per week - Flexible working conditions|
|Closing date||10 July 2020|
Location: This role is availabe at our easy-to-reach digital hub in Newcastle.
Join us and bring your Lead Data Scientist experience to an organisation that makes a difference and affects every person in the UK at some point in their lives.
Better digital services are changing the face of public services – and they start with you.
DWP are seeking data scientists who are able to discover patterns in data and embed that insight in new and innovative ways. This is a genuine and exciting opportunity to help the Department in transforming the lives of over 20 million people including families, pensioners and the disabled who need our help.
The Department as a whole is undergoing a major digital transformation programme and data science is recognised as having a critical role to play. Not only is that in the better design of our services but also making them more personalised for each individual’s circumstances and making big shifts in our effectiveness and efficiency.
Who you are:-
- You will hit the ground running, confident and capable of setting the direction for other data scientists and will have an appetite for continuous learning in areas such as machine learning, data visualisation and the latest data science trends.
- You will thrive at being the leader of a function that discovers, innovates and continuously improves by combining software skills with data analytics techniques in order to find patterns in data that can be put into action and drive better decisions across the business.
- You are proactive, problem solver with a curiosity to fully understand your business’s needs.
- You will come from an academic background in Computer Science, Maths, Statistics or similar experience and aptitude.
Who we are:-
- We offer career-enhancing roles which apply the latest technologies and techniques to meaningful, high profile work.
- Our people also enjoy the security, flexibility and work-life balance that a brilliant civil service offers.
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information and for a full job description, click apply or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to find out more about what working for DWP is all about and get an insight into one of Europe’s biggest and most exciting digital journeys? Check out our the teams Digital Bytes VoxPops on Twitter https://twitter.com/dwpdigitaljobs